Monday, April 14, 2008

An update

Sorry for the downtime recently. This is supposed to be a project that is in "maintenance mode", because I don't have much time to work on it and I've been traveling during all my free time. This has run into two problems:

1) My old hosting company Dreamhost kicked me off because I was using too much resources for my cheap plan, and they wanted me to switch to one that was very pricey ($100 / month). So I had to scramble to deal with moving the whole thing somewhere else.

2) So, I found a new host, Hytek Hosting. They are great. But now the application just dies occasionally. I don't know why. I don't see any errors in the log or anything. You just get empty pages when this happens. When I notice, I restart it manually, but this is obviously awful, and I don't have a great solution.

So, I don't know what to do about #2. But that's where we are.

Good things:

1) I think I fixed all the major outstanding bugs like the 2008 thing.

2) I tweaked some performance stuff, and moved the database server, and it seems to be working much, much faster now. Maybe this will resolve the availability issues? I can dream.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?